New Entitlement to 30 Hours Free Childcare
From September 2017, eligible parents will be able to get an additional 15 hours free childcare, bringing the total number of hours to 30 a week for children aged 3 and 4 years.
- Both parents are in work
- Single/sole parent is in work
- Be employed or self-employed
- Each parent earns less than £100,000 per year
- One parent works and one is on specific disability or caring benefits
- Parent/s work/s for at least 16 hours or on zero hour contract/s
A joint online application system will provide simple and straightforward access to register on the scheme. Checking of eligibility will be undertaken by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).